NT compatible Search engines (fwd)

Laura Guy guy at ssc.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 24 18:07:02 EDT 1997

first, its gotta be NT 4.0 (unless all the patches are considered
.1 by your sysadmin!)

i run a web site (http://dpls.dacc.wisc.edu) using NT4.0 and MIIS 3.
THere is a MOST EXCELLANT and free Indexer that MS supplies via their
web site (MIIS comes on the NT CD-ROM).  I can't really imagine why
anyone would want to use anything else if you're doing straight-forward
searching (try our's out if you want).  its insanely easy to
get running and the price is right!

BTW, we did try excite, but it was a hassle and i felt compromised
security.

Laura Guy
DPLS
guy at dpls.dacc.wisc.edu