selecting a search engine for a library web site

Nick Arnett narnett at verity.com
Tue Jun 24 15:15:41 EDT 1997

At 07:42 AM 6/24/97 -0700, Elizabeth L. Blakely wrote:

>I am leading efforts to select a new engine for our organizations web
>site.  JEFFLINE [URL:jeffline.tju.edu] currently uses WAIS.  I have
>checked the Web4Lib archives and found little on selecting a search
>engine, most of the materials I found were evaluating search engines such
>as LYCOS, InfoSeek, etc.

Please consider Verity, which developed the engine selected by Netscape,
Lotus Notes, Adobe Acrobat, and many other applications.  We have just
received "Best Search Tools" from Web Techniques and Web Review magazines
for our entire product line.  Search'97 Information Server recently shipped
with new automatic summarization, clustering and query-by-example capabilities.

See http://www.verity.com/

Nick Arnett

Product Manager, Categorization and Visualization
Verity Inc. -- Connecting People with Information

Phone: 408-542-2164     Fax: 408-541-1600
Home office: 408-733-7613         narnett at verity.com
http://www.verity.com