Macintosh E-mail Client

Tony Barry tony at ningaui.anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 18 22:51:10 EDT 1997

At 9:30 AM 18/6/97, Christopher Poterala wrote:
>I don't think Eudora needs to be closed to take advantage of the separate
>Settings files.  I've simply clicked on a Settings file for a different
>user and Eudora "assumes" this new identity.
>
>The one drawback to this is the inability to protect/hide each users email
>from the other users.  I don't think Eudora can handle this.  If I'm not
>mistaken, the email already on the local machine can be read by anybody
>launching Eudora.

You can use the At Ease security system which comes with the Mac to handle
all this.  Put each environment in each users documents folder and a simple
applescript application to access it. Something like -

tell application "Finder"
        activate
        select file "Eudora Settings" of folder "Email" of folder
"Documents:Tony" of disk "Hard disk"
        open selection
end tell

Tony

mailto:tony at ningaui.anu.edu.au          |+61 6 249 5688
http://www.anu.edu.au/People/TonyB.html |+61 6 288 0959

Ningaui Pty Ltd, GPO Box 1680, Canberra City,  ACT 2601

Visiting Fellow, Department of Computer Science,   FEIT
Australian National University,    ACT 0200   AUSTRALIA