Verity and default delimiters

Janet Kaul jmk at synopsys.com
Mon Jun 16 22:04:37 EDT 1997

Our company has just purchased Verity search systems (we have been
using Fulcrum).

While I like most of the functions Verity provides, I am unhappy with
the fact that the default delimiter between search terms is a comma.
If you put spaces, a phrase is assumed.

This means retraining all of our users, or else changing the default
delimiter (which my engineer tells me is not easy).

Has anyone else using Verity done usability surveys to indicate
if the comma is at all intuitive acceptable? Any stories I can take
to my management to convince them a change in delimiters is necessary?
Or maybe to show me that it isn't?

-Janet