JOB> Technology Associate - SF Univ HS

Kenley Neufeld neufeld at sfuhs.pvt.k12.ca.us
Tue Jun 10 14:13:40 EDT 1997

Announcement of Faculty Positions
Beginning September, 1997

Technology Associate

University High School is a selective, independent, college-preparatory
school located in the northern section of San Francisco.  We enroll
approximately 390 students in a stimulating, varied, and rigorous
curricular and co-curricular program distinguished both for the degree of
integration in the core curriculum and for the richness of its elective
offerings.  In our programs, in our faculty, and in our students, we seek
to be a school of this city, engaged in and reflecting its vibrant,
dynamic, and diverse culture.

We are seeking an person experienced with both Windows and Macintosh
platforms to assist the Director of Technology and to provide general
technical support to faculty, staff, and students.  The Technology
Associate will administer an e-mail  system, help maintain the School’s
Web server, troubleshoot the academic network, and manage various library
systems, including the library server, the CD-ROM tower, and our research
Web site.  In addition, she or he will teach two sections of Integrated
Computer Studies, an applications course required of all freshman.
Familiarity with Windows NT, the ability to work effectively with the wide
range of skills and dispositions represented in the student body and
faculty, and a lively sense of humor are all highly desirable.

Our desire to foster a rich sense of community with a strong sense of
inclusion and mutual respect for all draws us to teaching candidates of
compassion and empathy, adults who genuinely love working with children,
who are patient and encouraging, who find human value in the
teacher-student relationship, and who are dedicated to nurturing student
growth and independence.  Our commitment to the intellectual, emotional,
moral, physical and social growth of each student attracts us to potential
teachers who understand their responsibilities in the broadest possible
terms, well beyond the confines of their disciplines and the walls of their
classrooms.

University High School is actively seeking to broaden its faculty and
encourages applications from candidates who will bring diverse backgrounds
and perspectives to our students.  Candidates should send a résumé and a
letter describing their interest and qualifications to:

William Bullard
Academic Dean
e-mail: wbullard at sirius.com