Web Publisher 1.1 software -Reply

Dan Lester DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu
Fri Jun 6 10:57:54 EDT 1997

>>> Karen Thomas <THOMAS at cua.edu> 06/05/97 05:35pm

I searched the archives for HTML editors/converters, but Web
Publisher 1.1
by Skisoft was not mentioned.  Has anyone used Web
Publisher 1.1 to convert Word Perfect, Word, and Excel files?
  I would appreciate any experiences,
pros/cons etc.

-----
I've not tried that software, but for what you describe we've
found that Word97 does a fine job with all of those, even
WP6.1 and WP5.1.  The WP files usually need a little more
"cleanup" or reformatting than others.   Also, we use Excel97
to directly publish our monthly statistics on various things
directly to the web.  Clean and easy.  In fact, a student asst
does it routinely.   The pages are within our Intranet structure,
which is blocked to those outside of the library, but I'll be glad
to put some examples on a public server if anyone is
interested.

cheers

dan
Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
Boise State University Library, Boise, Idaho, 83725 USA
voice: 208-385-1235   fax:  208-385-1394
dlester at bsu.idbsu.edu     OR    alileste at idbsu.idbsu.edu
Cyclops' Internet Toolbox:    http://cyclops.idbsu.edu
"How can one fool make another wise?"   Kansas, 1979.