Make listserv archives searchable on web? -Reply

Karl Beiser beiser at saturn.caps.maine.edu
Tue Jun 17 17:02:52 EDT 1997

Dan Lester said...

> I'm not going to swear to it, but I think you'll find that
> LISTSERV(R) 1.8c on Unix already handles the archives into
> a web format.

Thanks for tip.  Am looking into it further.  If the sites I've
looked at so far represent all that is possible, the web interface
appears a bit underwhelming compared to things like O'Reilly's and
Allaire's forums products to name just two I've looked at so far...

Hypermail appears to be another option, if I can convert the listserv
archive file or my Pegasus mail folder archive to "UNIX email
format"...

Karl

Karl Beiser
Maine State Library