HTML coding for File/Exit?

Alejandro Garza Gonzalez agarza at ci.mty.itesm.mx
Tue Jun 17 14:05:35 EDT 1997

You could use this code in Netscape (haven't tried it in IE)

which brings up a requester asking you if you really want to close the
window. This, however, only closes the current window (where you're
watching the above code) and leaves all others open. If you want
something that will completely quit netscape then you need some sort of
macro language that will do it automatically... maybe a javascript
script could be written that hunts out all netscape windows and closes
them (after confirming with the user for each...)

I would normally recommend flute to do it, but there might be other less
administrator-hostile ways to do it =) Flute needs to be installed in each
ccomputer you want to do this, and a script needs to be written from scratch
in a C-like language. It can pay off, however, if you can understand it... if
you want to do this then mail me and perhaps this could be useful to the rest
of the list.

_ alejandro garza _________________ __ _ _  _    _
  ITESM Centro de Informacion-Biblioteca Monterrey
  agarza at campus.mty.itesm.mx
_ http://www-cib.mty.itesm.mx/ ____ __ _ _  _    _