Search engines

Laura P. Robbins robbinsl at db.erau.edu
Tue Jul 29 21:55:49 EDT 1997

Hi Bill,

AltaVista also allows you to search within a specific domain by using the
host: tag.  To search for pages on our library's site for example, I would
do a search on:

+host:amelia.db.erau.edu +FAA

AltaVista also allows you to restrict searches by domain: and by url:

I believe that Infoseek also offers this ability, but unfortunately, I
can't remember the exact tagging.  Sorry.

     Laura                                                     |\
                                                               | \____oo_
Laura Pope Robbins                   e-mail: robbinsl at db.erau.edu | //
Reference Librarian                   Phone: (904) 226-6603       |//
Jack R. Hunt Library                    FAX: (904) 226-6368
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University