URL for Z39.50

Paul Peeling ppeeling at mail.bcpl.lib.md.us
Mon Jul 28 12:05:02 EDT 1997

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Vrbikova Hana wrote:

> Helo all,
>
> I am looking for the RFC document (or any other document) where I
> could find a  specification of the URL for a Z39.50 protocol
> (z3950://????).

You might want to start with <http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/agency/> which is
the US Library of Congress and "maintenance agency" for the protocol. The
protocol specification can be downloaded in pdf, ascii, postScript, and
wordPerfect.

There are also some links to HTML versions of the spec and some related
documents.

| Paul Peeling                        ppeeling at mail.bcpl.lib.md.us |
| Administrator, Internetworking		                   |
| Baltimore County Public Library     Voice: (410) 887-6148        |
| 320 York Road                                                    |
| Towson, MD 21204                    FAX:   (410) 887-2091        |