How to lock down the Find function?

Richard M. Page rpage at okway.okstate.edu
Wed Jul 23 14:27:50 EDT 1997

     Hi! We don't have this problem when using Fortres 101. In fact, we have had
     very little problems with this security solution, and the price is right
     (less than $500 for any number of machines in one building--they do make
     exceptions for branch libraries).

     I don't think there will be a permanent solution using only Win95
     resources. Hacking the registry can be worked around by an industrious or
     knowledgeable individual, and using policies have problems also.

     --Richard

      Richard M. Page                         | Voice      (405) 744-5347
      Head, Library Systems Department        | Fax        (405) 744-7579
      224A Library, Oklahoma State University |
      Stillwater, OK 74078-1070               | E-Mail: rpage at okway.okstate.edu