Bill Gates

Martha in Ventura seeword at rain.org
Tue Jul 22 11:15:52 EDT 1997

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Harris Grossman wrote:

> I heard that Microsoft is giving donations to libraries. How does one go
> about getting there help?
---
Our agency called the Gates Library Foundation in Redmond, Washington and
learned the following:
  1.  The Grant Application guidelines are not available until the fall.
  2.  Computers will not be available until lthe end of 1998.
  3.  The focus apears to be on very low income and rural areas.

I have also heard that there is a website, but I don't have the URL

Martha Gifford, Reference Librarian, Foster/Wright Libraries
Ventura County (California) Library Services Agency