Filtering Facts draws first ink

CMUNSON CMUNSON at aaas.org
Mon Jul 21 13:01:11 EDT 1997

     Congrats David, on your write-up. While I disagree with your opinions
     and "facts," I think your website is a good case of how to use the web
     to promote alternative viewpoints.

     But I must also point out, that while some of us labor away (albeit
     slowly) on an anti-filtering FAQ, David has asked us to refrain from
     using the phrase "the real filtering facts" since he has apparently
     applied for trademark protection for that phrase and any logos
     associated with it. I'll admit that I hadn't thought of this approach
     because I thought Karen's TIFAP project was dealing with facts, while
     the rest of us were dealing opinions, worldviews, paradigms, flames,
     and rants.

     I see the whole debate over filtering POLICY to be related to
     paradigms and worldviews and not much to do with facts. David is
     certainly free to trademark that phrase, as long as he doesn't attempt
     to trademark the entire debate. ;-)

     Chuck

     Free Mumia Abu-Jamal