FW: ALA participation -Reply

Dan Lester DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu
Mon Jul 21 11:05:00 EDT 1997

>>> "Withington, Rebecca" <rwithin at wdni.com> 07/17/97
03:33pm >>>

I just resubscribed, so I hope I'm on the right listserv -
web4lib?
Isn't this thread (ALA participation) a little off topic?

------------------------
When joining (or rejoining) ANY LISTSERV(R) (or other list
processor software), it is generally a good idea to lurk for a
while before jumping in and complaining about what is going
on.  On MANY lists various threads will wander around the
topic.  This one started pretty much on topic, and I don't think
anyone else has any problem with it.  After all, ALA is one of
the places that library geeks can keep up with technology,
learn new things, meet people who can help them as
webmasters, etc, etc, etc.

As always, the best thing to do with a message you're not
interested in is to hit the delete key.

cheers

cyclops  (owner of a dozen lists)