Web access in library as security risk?

Mark Gooch mgooch at sledge.law.csuohio.edu
Thu Jul 17 09:28:58 EDT 1997

I have understood that providing open public access to the web in a
library can provide security risks but I have never understood what are
those risks. I was wondering if someone might briefly describe those
risks.  Also, I was wondering if people might comment briefly about the
technical pros and cons of providing open public access to the web (NOT
including the filtering/content aspect).

Thanks
Mark
-----
Mark D. Gooch 			    Cleveland State University
Government Information Librarian    1801 Euclid Ave.
Bartunek Law Library 		    Cleveland, Ohio  44115
(216)687-5579  Voice	  	    (216)687-5098  Fax
		mgooch at sledge.law.csuohio.edu
	  http://www.law.csuohio.edu/lawlibrary/