linux....

Cameron Parish cameron at serv.net
Wed Jul 16 14:54:54 EDT 1997

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Bob Long wrote:

> Since Bill mentioned Linux, does anyone know anything about the browser
> that is being/has been developed for Linux? I believe it is called
> Mnemonic, or something like that.

The major Mnemonic site is at
http://oloon.student.utwente.nl/~mnemonic/

There's a Wired News article about Mnemonic at
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/story/3907.html
that has a pretty good description of what Mnemonic is about.
The browser is being developed initially for Linux, but the
developers are hoping to eventually make the browser
platform-independent.

Imho, it's a beautiful idea - but rumor has it that the development
team is bogged down in complexities.  The alpha preview release
date was originally July 14, but the  release has been delayed,
apparently indefinitely.

Cam Parish
cameron at serv.net
http://www.serv.net/~cameron