New York Times Log-In

Jason Biggers biggerj at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Wed Jul 16 12:49:59 EDT 1997

The first thing I'd wonder before doing this, "Is it legal?"

The diclaimer/use of the NYT site states you're responsible for all who
use.  Are you ready for this?

If you do find it's O.K. and you're ready to handle any problems that may
arise, the NYT login allows the user id and password to be stored on the
machine that is used to access their site.  This eliminates your need for
any programmming or coding.  The only drawback is you would have to reveal
the login and password initially for users to enter and this would include
users who visit your pages via the 'net.  Of course if you don't allow the
general public access to your pages, then you/staff could manually visit
the site on every machine and have the info stored w/o revealing what your
login and password is.

Hope this helps.  I'd be interested in hearing other comments about this
as well.

  * Jason Mark Biggers, M.L.S.        |     biggerj at scfn.thpl.lib..fl.us *
  * WebMaster/Site Coordinator        |             813-224-8496        *
  *           Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library System           *
  *              http://scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us/thpl/thpl.htm               *