Access -Reply

Gary Oliver oliverg at nicanor.acu.edu
Tue Jul 15 17:51:30 EDT 1997

I will try to explain this better.

>From home I use Win95 dial-up networking to dial the faculty/staff campus
number.  After the phone is answered by the university's modem and
TCP/IP server, I type in my user name and password (all faculty, staff
and students have a password)  After my user name and password are
authenticated, I am given a prompt at which I type PPP, Point-tp-Point
Protocal.  At  that point I am connected to the university's TCP/IP
network.  Now I can launch a telnet program to check my email or work on
the library's web pages or I can launch a browser.

The only way to dial in is to have an account on a campus network computer.

I know that all I have described above can be scripted so that all I need
to do is double click on the brower, but I have not taken the time to do
that yet.

P.S.  We have T1 internet access through the University of Texas.

Cheers,

Gary Oliver--Cataloger			915-674-2343 (w)
Abilene Christian University		915-674-2204 (fax)
221 Brown Library			oliverg at nicanor.acu.edu
ACU Box 29208				PfW Listowner
Abilene, Tx 79699-9207