IMHO-Re: nasa.com

Elisabeth Roche eroche at sisna.com
Tue Jul 15 16:11:04 EDT 1997

IMHO-

I'm sure the company that owns the name (along with the hundreds of
others they host) took the name down, rather than *they were shut down.*

I spoke with one of the principals before NBC(or CBS?) News used the
story for 18 hours in their 15 minute news last week.

There is a history of trademark ownership manueverings, you can read
some of the discussions on this very web4lib -in past postings -deja
news works- if you are interested.

Never at any time did the concerns on the name have anything to do with
children and porn. Till now. Someone thought it would be high profile to
link this company, happily doing its business, with the CDA and the
restriction of free speech on the Internet issues.

It doesn't accomplish anything to help resolve the differences between
camps, and it doesn't do anything to hurt or help children, they never
had anything to do with this company. People with agendas thought this
was a good one to talk up as an issue (that smacks of Madison Avenue to
me-clever but you are left with -so what?)

Smoke and mirrors. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Elisabeth Roche eroche at sisna.com
serendipity RULES!