Librarians Get It, says Web Review

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 10 14:43:13 EDT 1997

Bo Simons, Internet Librarian for the Sonoma County Public Library,
recently organized a road trip for Web4Lib readers in association with
ALA. Among the activites he scheduled for us was a visit to O'Reilly &
Associates in Sebastopol, the Wine Library at Healdsburg, and a winery
(he also graciously provided wonderful refreshments, but that's another
story). In any event, those of us who attended had an informative and
interesting time.

Dale Dougherty of Songline Studios and O'Reilly spent an hour talking to
us about O'Reilly as well as more general issues. Apparently he was
impressed enough with the visit that he wrote a piece in Web Review
called "Librarians Get It: How Librarians are Shaping the Web". It is
available at:

http://www.webreview.com/97/07/04/imho/

I apologize for pointing this out because I am named in the article, but
I wanted to thank Bo Simons on the list for putting this field trip together.
It was good to meet those who were able to attend and it was a
well-organized afternoon.
Roy Tennant