Fortres Software Thanks

Leslie M Kuizema lhaack at alumni.sils.umich.edu
Thu Jul 10 10:49:27 EDT 1997

I have received many suggestions on how to logoff my computer when using
Fortres software and though I'd share them with you.
Fortres Tech support finally got back with me and I decided to go with
their suggestion.  Thanks to all you Web4Libbers for all the great ideas!

Create a shortcut on the desktop (in Win95) when using version 2.51.  Use
the following as the command line:
c:\fortres.101\fgclo.exe /n

--Fortres Tech support

Go into the setup in Fortres and click the checkmark on Shut Down
off.  As long as the check mark is clicked on for Start Menu, you can
click the Start button and the only thing that pops up is the option
to shutdown the computer or log on as a different user.  You don't
need to disable the security or anything.
Gina A. Emory
Technology Manager
East Bonner County Library District

Press the Windows key on a Win95 keyboard.  Then press ALT-F4 and you
will get the system shutdown message.  Then just shut off the PC as usual.
- Migell

We have been just shutting down PC's that have fortress on them.  Both
those with Win3.1 and Win95.  Nothing horrible seems to have happened.
Sometimes Win95 complains a bit, and demands a scandisk.. but that is all.
Isabel L. Danforth     Reference Librarian, Wethersfield Public Library

We also use Fortres (in combination with Ikiosk) on our Windows 95
machines. We have been using them for about four months and just turning
them off without going through the shut-down procedure. After pushing the
power button once, Windows seems to go through the first part of the
AutoShutDown procedure and then stops at the Windows 95 clouds screen. We
then push the power button again and they turn all the way off. We have not
had a problem with these machines.
Glenn Johnson-Grau
Networked Resources/Reference Librarian
Loyola Marymount University