Could we end this filtering/porn discussion, please

Robert Terry rhterry at RBSE.Mountain.Net
Thu Jul 10 09:34:48 EDT 1997

Hi,

I too am amazed at the time spent by all of the participants on an issue
without a solid solution, only opinions.  It would be nice if all the
time spent could be used on howw to provide organized/standardized
methods for information providers in the presentation/navigation of our
resources to users.  Instead the thread has centered on quality control
over content, and what is subjectively appropriate.

Enough, is enough, lets get back to the basics, and deal with the real
mess of organizing information, in this adhoc WWW medium.  Finding and
using legitimate resources is our (project wise) major concern.  Our
content is done by group decisions.  Needless to say, we have not created
a single collection with porn or other useless information.  Sure it is
out there, but our mission excludes those topics and will continue to do
so.

I believe most on this list are attempting to do the same.  Our library
is at:

http://rbse.mountain.net/mpcs/

The tool we developed to present same is at:

http://rbse.mountain.net/MOREplus/

If you need any additional information about either feel free to contact
me directly.  Now I am going back to the real business at hand, suitable
providing information to people seeking solutions to problems.  I will
leave the smutt for those with time and reason organize their domain.

Bob Terry