Microsoft's IEAK vs. Netscape's Administration Kit

Timothy G. Kambitsch kambitsch at DAYTON.LIB.OH.US
Wed Jul 9 12:21:13 EDT 1997

Has anyone compared Microsoft's IEAK to Netscape's Administration Kit?

I've been looking at ways to manage our Internet browswers for the
public and have used the IKiosk/Fortres/PowerToys/Everybody's Menu
as a means to control Netscape 3.x. on Win95 workstations.

Lately I've been experimenting with Navigator 4.01 and see chinks
in the armor.  I'm tempted to buy the $800 Netscape Administration
Kit to see if that will close the holes.

As an alternative, I've downloaded Microsoft's IEAK (Internet Explorer
Administration Kit) and have been disappointed by the limited
control you have.  There are some valueable tweaks in IEAK, but IMHO
they only went half way.

I know some people have used C resource editors to modify Navigator 3.x
for additional control. Any experiences with 4.0?

Tim

Tim Kambitsch <kambitsch at dayton.lib.oh.us>
Dayton and Montgomery County Public Library
937-227-9560  fax:  937-227-9524
215 East Third Street, Dayton OH 45402