Yahooligans

A. W. Helfman helfman at huc.edu
Tue Jul 8 14:05:56 EDT 1997

>I am using all available personal time for this project (as indeed
>have several volunteers).  The preliminary report suggested that
>Yahooligans might be adequate in a children's room; extended
>testing (to give you a nutshell pre-preliminary report)  shows that
>it isn't much of a research tool.  The question of what a child is
>was also raised by two youth service librarians; if you are
>planning to use something like Yahooligans for teens,  you may
>want to look carefully at our Yahooligans test results.

        As one of the volunteers who looked at Yahooligans for Karen's
project, I would add that Yahooligans' own guidelines (available online)
state that they link to sites they consider to be appropriate for children
between the ages of seven and twelve.

Amy W. Helfman (helfman at huc.edu)
Judaica Librarian
HUC-JIR, New York