Communicator in Kiosk

Michael Dargan darganm at iren.net
Thu Jul 3 23:15:34 EDT 1997

Netscape Communicator in kiosk mode looks like a pretty good program.
Patrons wouldn't have access to the File command or any of the options.
However, unlike the old Navigator, they would have a location box.  This
looks like a good way to stablize the system.  Unfortuneatly, the only
ways I can see to launch it are via the run
command or with a *.bat file.  Since I'd like to be able to use poledit
to disable the command prompt as well as the "run" command neither is a
possibility.

Is there a way to start Netscape Communicator without using

netscape -k

in either a "run" box or *.bat file?

---
Michael J. Dargan                               office: 319 291 4496
Technical Systems Administrator                    fax: 319 291 6736
Waterloo and Cedar Falls Public Libraries         Waterloo, IA 50701