Nasa

Gina A. Emory gina at ebcl.lib.id.us
Wed Jul 2 17:38:14 EDT 1997

Not to necessarily defend David on this, but I think the point HE was
trying to make is that most people (especially kids) will forget that
it's nasa.GOV and type in nasa.COM since that's so much more common.
The site operators are obviously trying to "cash in" on that and are,
unfortunately, placing ads for "Naked Eyes" right there on the page.
The ads show see fully nude women plainly visible to the viewer
without even having to claim they are 18.  It IS an unfortunate
"abuse" of people's natural tendency to type in COM instead of GOV or
ORG or whatever.

I'm still not in favor of filtering in libraries.

Gina A. Emory
Technology Manager
East Bonner County Library District
Sandpoint, Idaho  83864