NASA

Burt, David DBurt at ci.oswego.or.us
Wed Jul 2 11:58:00 EDT 1997

My thoughts are this:

1) It points out the main shortcoming of self-rating PICS: There are no
sanctions for offenders.

2) I used the NASA example because it is a good example of a very
irresponsible content provider.  It's guys like this that give porn on
the net a bad name.

BTW, I've got *no* problem at all with porn on the net, anymore than I
have a problem with adult bookstores: It just needs to be, as Justice
O'Conner implied "zoned".

          David Burt, Information Technology Librarian
          The Lake Oswego Public Library
          706 Fourth Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034