Nasa

Dianne L Parham DZP at library.sannet.gov
Wed Jul 2 04:31:15 EDT 1997

I didn't miss the point.  I guess the idea is to ban all sites with the
word NASA in it because there might be porn.  Well, I looked at the
"porn" site and saw it was a commercial site for a lot of different
things and there is no way a kid looking for space travel would bother to
go farther.  The point is that it would be more useful to teach children
AND ADULTS how to search the Internet than blindly thrash around yelling
"porn alert, porn alert" as the person who shall remain nameless seems to
like to do.  Of course he could do us all a great favor by publishing
bookmarks of favorite X rated sites.  We can then hand them out and tell
people by no means should they look at these sites.  Common sense and
intelligence is the best filter.  and I think it is bizarre that we
continue to feed the nameless one's ego this way.  Myself included.  I am
going to quit rising to the bait of this absurd conversation and hope
that this thread returns to something useful.  Dianne Parham, SDPL,
speaking for myself and myself alone.