CDA

Kristine Buchanan kbucha at fiat.gslis.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 2 09:20:33 EDT 1997

 A crucial difference is that a store owner is not a representative of
the government, but a private citizen who has the right to select and
limit what and to whom s/he sells her/his merchandise.  A public library
receives government funding.  Because of that, public libraries fall
under the 14th Amendment which enforces the application of the
Constitution to state and local governments.