WWW numbers

Rod Bustos bustos_ra at Mercer.EDU
Tue Jul 1 12:31:09 EDT 1997

Has anyone seen any recent figures for the current estimated number of
users on the Internet/WWW?  There are a number of sites out there that have
done demographic studies, but most of them are 1995 or earlier and don't
seem to give the information my patron needs.

In addition, I am looking for an estimated dollar value of Internet
commerce.  Again, the info I am finding seems to be older.  Has anyone
seen a recent article or good web site that may be useful?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.  Please reply directly to me at
bustos_ra at mercer.edu  as I am on digests and only receive mailings once a
day.

Rod