One answer is infinitely better than none

Gary E. Masters GMASTERS at tamiu.edu
Fri Jan 31 08:13:00 EST 1997

Have been trying to get my cd tower to work on the web
for about six months now.  After the company that sold
it to me was unable to provide a solution, I asked other
sources.  None came up with an answer.  I joined web4lib
a while ago and when I got a feel for the group I asked
my question.  It was not surprising that there was no
answer.  Either I did not post it properly (very likely)
or it was a difficult subject.

However, I cot a new person at Compact Devices who had
worked with 3Com.  At first he also thought it was impossible.
Then, after further checking, I was told to write a lmhost
file for Windows 95 and put a few parameters in the
system of the TopSpin server.

I am going to get a book on TCP/IP and see if I can learn more about it.
If anyone else has the same problem or wants to put a cd tower on
the Internet, this may help.  We don't yet have dial in access
to our computer systme and if we are going to serve our students
at home this is the only way I know to do it.

By the way, there were too many messages on my email.  I was
loosing the "importnat"ones in the mindless (well almost)
discussions about topics.

regards,

Gary E. Masters
Automated Services Librarian