using frames

Michael Huber mhuber1 at umbc.edu
Tue Jan 28 15:21:34 EST 1997

Granted frames can be sorely abused and I have seen little that could
not be done without them.  They can also be a nice feature if thought
out and properly setup.

Also, if you server allows for server side includes you can get both
frames and noframes versions of your web pages from the same source.
This takes up less space than maintianing two full versions and if you
update one, both versions are updated.

You can also use server side includes to incorporate documents (or
what is part of a document) into your web pages.  i.e. if I maintain a
small page with my hours on it, it could be incorporated into a larger
document with overall library hours without recreating the info in
each location.

Our SGA has setup their web pages like this.
http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~dschmi1/sga/