Netscape printing problem

Dave Bostrom dbostrom at netdcl.dakota.lib.mn.us
Mon Jan 27 16:14:43 EST 1997

We also (like Eileen Stec) are having problems printing some web pages,
though we're using Netscape 3.01 and Windows 95.  Insteading of getting
the full page printed, we sometimes only get the graphics and any text
associated with hypertext links.  Any non-linking text fails to print.

For example, this fails to print correctly on all our PCs:

  http://info.pillsbury.com/main/profile/history.html

The following pages print correctly on our staff PC (with an HP LaserJet
5P), but incorrectly on our public PC (with an HP LaserJet 5L):

  http://www.golfonline.com/greatwhiteshark/gwse.html
  http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/learning_center/museum/exploratorium/
         black_holes.html
  http://www.canusa.com/crafts/files/Crochet/Crochet%20Partners/
         CpPat76.html

The only commonality I've seen among failing pages is that they include
GIF graphics (and some use them as a background).

Any tips or speculation about what's causing this would be much
appreciated!  (We're using Dell PCs, OptiPlex GM5133, with 16MB of RAM.)

              Dave Bostrom        dbostrom at dakota.lib.mn.us
              Dakota County Library  ----  Burnhaven branch
              1101 W. County Road 42, Burnsville, MN  55306
              612-898-7115 (voice)       612-435-3476 (fax)