WEB4LIB digest 503

Steve Melamut melamut at email.unc.edu
Sun Jan 26 09:14:38 EST 1997

I subscribed to the listserv described below.  Could we please quit the
sniping and name calling.  If you really want to indulge yourself, please
send the message to the individual, not the list.

Thank you

Steve Melamut
melamut at email.unc.edu

**************************************

PURPOSE
The Web4Lib electronic discussion is for the discussion of issues
relating to the creation and management of library- based World-Wide Web
servers and clients. Particularly appropriate issues for discussion
include, but are not limited to:

 * Web resource selection and information mounting in relation to
existing acquisition and collection development procedures
 * cataloging and metadata issues regarding Web information
 * in-house patron access to Web servers (e.g., Netscape on
patron-accessible computers)
 * training staff or users to use the Web or to create Web resources