Eliminating Win95 logon box

David Risner drisner at swlaw.edu
Fri Jan 24 14:22:27 EST 1997

On Thu, 23 Jan 1997, Richard A. Speer wrote:

> We are setting up Windows95 machines for public access use and have
> had to log onto our novell network to set things up, however, we
> would rather that the machines did not ask for a username or password
> when they normally boot up.  Is anyone aware of any configuration
> changes which we can make to eliminate the logon dialog box from
> appearing?  TIA,

I believe that if you delete the network card, clients, and services from
the Network control panel, you will no longer get the logon box.  You
should also make sure that you do not have Win95 setup for multiple user
profiles which is on the Passwords control panel.

---
David G. Risner -- Network Systems Administrator
Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, CA
Business: drisner at swlaw.edu  Personal: drisner at mci2000.com