Head of S.F.'s Library Resigns Under Pressure (fwd) -

Roberta Johnson rjohnson at nslsilus.org
Fri Jan 24 13:16:39 EST 1997

>KAREN SCHNEIDER wrote:
>>
>> "I have to reiterate that I am disturbed to see librarians acting as
>> copyright  police for this publisher." [C. Munson]
>>
>> ------------
>>
>> We guard what we cherish.
>>
>> -- K. Schneider

This may be simplistic, but the original poster could have alerted us to an
interesting article by briefly describing it and then pointing us to the
URL. We all get to read it if we choose by visiting the Post's site, yet we
are not distributing it all over the net.

I myself was disturbed to find last year my web pages copied in toto and
installed on another library's web site.  I'm not hoarding those
paragraphs--they're hardly patent pending--but couldn't they have *asked*?

Best,

Roberta

Roberta S. Johnson
rjohnson at mgk.nslsilus.org
Morton Grove Public Library       http://www.nslsilus.org/mgkhome/
"All opinions are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect
official library policy."