Webtv

Susie Breidenbach sbreiden at kiva.net
Tue Jan 14 20:59:22 EST 1997

I want to thank everyone who has responded to my query about Webtv.  I will
try to post a summary to the list later this week.

I HAVE seen Webtv...for the novice user who wants to surf the net without
buying a computer and worrying about all the computer setup, etc., it seems
like a great idea.
It's very easy to use--just pick up the remote and go.  The keyboard is a
little awkward.

I think veteran net users will not be happy with it.  You cannot print or
download...and at the moment it doesn't support plugins like RealAudio,
Shockwave, Quicktime, etc.  Plus, there are not local access numbers for a
lot of places, so it is a long distance call.

Susie Breidenbach
Bedford Public Library
Bedford, Indiana