help: web-related library positions

Wilfred (Bill) Drew Jr. drewwe at morrisville.edu
Wed Feb 26 09:42:07 EST 1997

Madeleine Showalter wrote:

> Do you really mean librarians or just a job in a library doing web-based
> work?  Most of the jobs doing web-based work in libraries, as least what
> I've seen lately, require a BS in Computer Science or Management
> Information Systems and several years of computer programming
> experience.  They don't consider a Master of Library (and/or
> Information) Science and library experience to qualify for the job.

Most of the web work in libraries that I am aware of is being done by
librarians NOT by computer science or MIS degreed people.  How fortunate
to be able to hire someone to just do web work.  Most of us have taken
it on as an additional duty without additional compensation.
--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill") Systems Librarian (also reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
New Homepage: http://www.snymor.edu/~drewwe/
Not Just Cows: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
LibraryLinks: http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/
SUNYLA'97: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/sunyla/sunyla97.htm