Boston situation

Millard Johnson zendog at incolsa.palni.edu
Tue Feb 25 17:32:57 EST 1997

If a truck pulled up to the back of your library and offered to give you
tons of books free but some of them were ads, some self promotion
and fabrications, and others pornography, would you take them in?
Why would we fight for acceptance on the Internet of what we would
not accept in print?

The solution is for librarians to review net resources for the same
kind of quality control that they exercise for over print material.  If we
choose not to accept a professional responsibility for selecting net
materials, why are we surprised when someone imposes some
external standard on us?
   Millard Johnson  INCOLSA  Strictly my own personal opinion.