Web maintenance by committee?

Beth Dierauer dierauer at libofmich.lib.mi.us
Tue Feb 25 17:07:09 EST 1997

Here at the Library of Michigan, our website is maintained
by a team, comprised of representatives from each division.
We do not have any one individual who is "in charge"; i.e.
no "webmaster," or "website manager."

We are wondering how other libraries handle workflow and
maintenance issues in similar team settings. How do you
gather information to be added to the web in  a timely
fashion? Who is responsible for actually putting content on
the web? What are procedures for reviewing content? How do
you maintain a unified "tone" on your web site, if different
individuals are producing the content?

I have searched the list archives for information on this
topic, but not found anything relevant.

Please reply to the list.

Beth Dierauer                          dierauer at libofmich.lib.mi.us
Reference Librarian                    517-373-1384
Library of Michigan, PO Box 30007, 717 W. Allegan, Lansing MI 48909