Information Losing Value

Earl Young eayoung at bna.com
Tue Feb 25 08:26:41 EST 1997

     Money is not everything, but for those to whom it is very important,
     library science is a bad choice. It may be "anti-intellectualism" or
     all manner of other horrid things, but I suspect it boils down to
     there being no shortage of people willing to work for the salaries
     being offered.  There are more people than positions in libraries, and
     more positions than people in most of the computer fields.  It isn't
     rocket science to figure which group commands the higher salary.