Web Position Available

Christopher Jackson cjackson at monroe.lib.in.us
Sat Feb 22 15:15:53 EST 1997

On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Shirl Kennedy wrote:

> Don't mean to embarrass the person who posted this, but...
>
> ...it appears to be an answer to the question raised by a previous
> poster as to whether or not Webmastering skills will result in
> salary increases for librarians.

I do hope you noticed that the position is half-time: 20 hours a week.
It is at the same salary level as our other professional librarian
positions.

While I would certainly like to see all our staff better compensated, I
don't feel that "webmastering skills" are worth more than reference
skills, storytelling skills, etc.  And I am a web administrator.

    Christopher Jackson                      cjackson at monroe.lib.in.us
    Reference Librarian                      voice: (812) 876-1272
    Monroe County Public Library             fax: (812) 876-2515
    Ellettsville, IN  47429                  http://www.monroe.lib.in.us/