Adobe Acrobat question

Wayne Shimoguchi wshimo at nucba.ac.jp
Thu Feb 20 19:10:04 EST 1997

I posted a similar message to the PDF-L list but have yet to get any
response, so please forgive me posting a message that might be regarded as
off-topic.

I am working at a university library in Japan and recently had someone in
the States purchase Adobe Acrobat v 3.0 for the Mac for me.  I was a little
disappointed to find out that the Capture, Import and Scan plug-ins were
not yet included on the CD-ROM.

Does this mean that I cannot create PDF files from scanned documents, as
is, unless I have the capture plug-in?

I have registered the program both with Adobe in the US as well as their
subsidiary in Japan, so I hope to get the plug-ins when they become
available.  Has anyone heard when these plug-ins will become available for
the PowerMac version of Acrobat?

Please respond privately as this question is not exactly appropriate for
this list.

Thank you in advance for your time and responses.

Sincerely,

Wayne Shimoguchi
Nagoya Shoka Daigaku
Foreign Section Librarian