We CAN be here in 200 years

Russell Henning rhenning at fsc.follett.com
Tue Feb 18 08:59:52 EST 1997

If the public is constantly reminded it can always get good help
and advice (technical, literary, reference, and otherwise) from
the library, the support for the institution will be there.

When things go wrong or when information just CAN'T be found,
not everyone has access to a WebHead at work, at school, in the
neighborhood, among the in-laws.  If we *gasp* MARKET the
library as THE Internet/Computer/Network/Peripheral/etc. source,
we will by default be seen in our communities as the
reference/research experts.  It can't be avoided; the two
concepts will become inseparable.

Herb White elaborates on the concept more completely in his
2/15/97 Library Journal article: "Marketing as a Tool for
Destabilization."

Available in finer media centers everywhere.

Russ
rhenning at fsc.follett.com

"Whose opinions are etc., etc."