Zapping the kids!

Hillel Weintraub hillelw at doshisha-intnl.tanabe.kyoto.jp
Thu Feb 13 04:17:51 EST 1997

After reading Joe's letter I rushed out and wired our internet access area.
Wow, I thought, this is THE solution. But guess what? The kids thought the
zapping was part of the fun and kept coming back for more. "This is better
than any game center!" was the general reaction! SMITE, naturally got the
highest marks!
	Back to the drawing board, Joe!

	Hillel

Joe Schallan,                    jschall at glenpub.lib.az.us 	wrote:
>At our library we implemented what I believe to be a unique
>solution.  Our Internet PCs are on long, high tables with
>sturdy, comfortable, all-metal bar stools affixed to the floor in
>front of each workstation.  The stools have been wired to
>a power supply via raceways under the floor, and the current
>to each stool is controlled from a panel at the reference desk.
>The power supply has variable control, giving us four
>settings on our control panel: OFF, TICKLE, PROD, and
>SMITE.

Hillel Weintraub, Director, Media Committee
Doshisha International Jr/Sr High School
Tatara, Tanabe, Kyoto 610-03, Japan
Phone: 81-774-65-8911; Fax: 81-774-65-8990
school homepage at http://www.doshisha-intnl.tanabe.kyoto.jp