Z39.50 Client Server - Request for Help

stone stone at imcpl.lib.in.us
Tue Feb 4 12:56:53 EST 1997

Here are a couple of free solutions.

You can use Willow from UofW. They have a windows client.

http://www.cac.washington.edu/willow/home.html

You can also use a Gateway solution. We use the Stanford z39.50 gateway.
With a gateway, anyone with a browser can connect to your site.

http://lindy.stanford.edu/~asc/dir.CGI

If you want to see the gateway in action, take a look at

http://www.imcpl.lib.in.us/z39.html

I'm cheeting on the holdings info and going directly to our database. We
have a V2 server that does not supply holdings info.

One problem with the stanford gateway for me was that I could only get it to
work on a Sun. I could not get it to work on either Linux or AIX. Someone
told me it works on SGI. Better programmers might have more luck.

Both packages are highly flexible and customizable.