Virus warning

Carole Leita leita at netcom.com
Tue Feb 4 07:44:37 EST 1997

At 10:11 PM 2/3/97 -0800, Earl Young wrote:
>     The Norton (and others?) software can be configured to
>     examine everything that comes in for popular viruses - stopping
>     problems before they arrive.  I have it built-in to my browsers, and I
>     download updates - for free - from Norton every month.  This is a good
>     and convenient way to keep Word macros from screwing up your system
>
>     Who knows of other products which provide this service?

I use Mcafee's VirusScan and a knowledgeable friend swears by F-Prot.
Mcaffee caught and cleaned one of the Word viruses (NPAD) just the other
day. I'm really glad I installed it.

For a nice overview of virus scanning programs (plus urls) and the
importance of keeping them up-to-date see the January, 1997 Boardwatch
article by Wallace Wang at: http://www.boardwatch.com/mag/97/jan/bwm19.htm

Carole