Tiny collection

Ellen Fox efox at bcr.org
Fri Dec 12 10:45:12 EST 1997

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Katherine Kendall wrote:

> Not a web question, but maybe someone's done this before.
> I'm volunteering to reorganize and revitalize a tiny fine
> arts library collection at a non-profit agency...
>
> I would like to computerize collection access, but we don't
> need and can't afford a full-fledged automated system.  I
> was thinking a good database for searching and then still
> used a manual card check-out system...

If you like the SilverPlatter SPIRS interface, BCR has used Partner
Publishing to set up either a web-based catalog or just cut a CD-ROM for
local access.  We recently put up the Colorado Historical Society's
catalog on the web for them using this software. (Check out
http://199.45.145.75 to see the catalog.)  It's pretty affordable.  You
can contact me off the list if you want more info.

Ellen

Ellen Fox					14394 East Evans Ave.
Project Manager, Research & Development		Aurora, CO  80014-1478
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)       (303) 751-6277 (voice)
efox at bcr.org     				(303) 751-9787 (fax)