Netware printer control

Paul H. Gray phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Fri Dec 12 08:40:33 EST 1997

We are faced once again with the push to charge for or at least control
printing from our public access stations.

Our current environment is a Netware 3.1 LAN with Windows 3.1 clients
running Client32 to provide IPX for Netware and TCP\IP for Internet.  No
TCP\IP on the server. 12 patron machines and about the same  number of
staff machines printing to one HP LaserJet 4M+.

Looking for a slightly more sophisticated version of PCONSOLE.
Ideally it would identfy the number of pages in a job.  ALthough I have no
clue how it would do this since 500k could be 250 pages of text - or one
3"x5" image.
Ideally it would then place the job in a cue - display that information on
a managment station near the printer.
Hold the job in the cue until it was released by a staff member upon
payment of the fee (either by cash or using a copicard).
It would be even better if it were secure enough that it gave the user some
kind of password so they could release their own print jobs.

I know this has been delat with in the past and have searched in vain for
my copies of the thread.  This is a time senstive issue so any assistance
would be deeply appreciated.
Paul H. Gray, Learning Resources Manager        Phone:  (817)515-6623
TCJC Northeast LRC                              Fax:    (817)515-6275
828 Harwood Road                                E-Mail: phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Hurst, Texas 76054

828 Harwood Road				E-Mail: phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Hurst, Texas 76054