signing off

j. y. c h e n judy at wired.com
Wed Dec 3 17:51:57 EST 1997

hallo everyone,

I just wanted to let y'all know that I've been laid off at Wired and will
no longer represent HotBot.  the tutorial program to teach librarians the
search engine has been laid to rest as well.  Wired has decided that the
HotBot team would not further benefit from having a librarian on staff and
that the outreach program to librarians has reached a saturation point.
thanks to everyone who participated in the program; it was certainly a
unique experience!

I've enjoyed and learned from everyone's comments here on this list (it has
probably contributed more to my professional development than anything else
this past year!).  I hope to participate again in the discussion in another
capacity.

thanks again,

- judy